Wood River Land Trust Student Conservation Council raised funds over the summer to help restore public lands at Greenhorn from the effects of the Beaver Creek fire. All donations were tax-deductible and will help the U.S. Forest Service purchase sagebrush and bitterbrush seedlings and native seed mix.
Replanting natives will help mitigate the impacts from the fire by:
* Stabilizing soil to prevent or diminish the size of mudslides;
* Decrease amount of silt in the river caused by runoff from rain
* Promote the growth of native species to help combat invasive
* Plant 20 acres with student volunteers in Fall 2014; and
* Raise $800 or more to buy plants/seeds and cover overhead