Wood River Land Trust protects and restores land, water, and wildlife habitat in the Wood River Valley and its surrounding areas. We are seeking two interns with backgrounds or interest in private land conservation and program outreach.
These positions offer the opportunity to learn about land management, community outreach and community conservation in a hands-on setting. The Wood River Land Trust is located in scenic south-central Idaho, near Sun Valley
and the Sawtooth Wilderness Area.
Stewardship and Program Outreach Intern duties:
- Manage Land Trust preserves according to management plans, which includes weed control
(physical removal & herbicide application), trail maintenance, and other restoration work;
- Assist Staff with conservation easement monitoring, which includes GPS data collection and
- Assist Staff with community conservation outreach, including the Trout Friendly Program,
Wood River Water Collaborative and Student Conservation Council;
- Assist with educational programs, events, coordinating volunteers, and conservation
- Physical, outdoor labor as well as flexible work on occasional evenings/weekends;
- A driver’s license and good driving record (vehicle provided for work use);
- Ability to work with people in groups and with individuals.
- Educational background in natural resources or similar field;
- Strong verbal communication, community outreach and writing skills;
- Interest in private land conservation;
- Experience with GPS.
Send cover letter and resume to Cameron Packer at email@example.com by
March 9, 2018.
This is a 12 week internship with a start date in early May. This position is 35 hours per week,
including several weekend and evening events. Time off during the internship is allowed.
Housing is provided in addition to $8 per hour.