Slow release fertilizers, compost, compost tea, mulching, annual aeration and reseeding will all increase your soil health so that your grass out competes weeds. How to convert to a Drought Tolerant Lawn.
Garden Bed Tips
Use a 3-4 inch compost cover for easy weeding, reduce water loss and feed your plants
Use Organic herbicides like Burn Out, Clove Oil, 20% vinegar solutions, Adios
For a Gold Standard Trout Friendly lawn-go completely natural and eliminate the use of synthetic fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides!
Lawn & Grass Tips
- Increase grass density by raising your mower blade to 3 inches. Taller grass requires less water and competes more aggressively with weeds.
Leave mower clippings on the lawn. Grass clippings supply 1 lb. of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet of lawn. Most lawns require 2-4 lbs. of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet during the growing season.
Use Organic herbicide like Adios
- If using synthetic herbicide:
- Spot spray the weeds: do not broadcast over the entire lawn.
- Spray when it is dry, and usually in the mornings when there is no wind.
- Target when weeds are young and their waxy coating has not developed.