Full-time, salaried, with benefits
Wood River Land Trust is a local conservation non-profit working to protect and sustain the treasured landscapes and life-giving waters of the Wood River Valley and to inspire love for this special place for generations to come. Based in Hailey, ID, our staff of 8 serves the Wood River Valley and surrounding areas. We work in partnership with municipalities and other community organizations to protect and manage open spaces that provide places where wildlife can flourish and people can connect to nature and each other.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Development Director and working closely with a highly collaborative team, the Annual Fund Manager is responsible for growing the annual membership base, renewing and upgrading member support, and strengthening relationships with current members below the major donor level. S/he is accountable for meeting annual donation goals for donors who contribute less than $1,000 annually.
The Annual Fund Manager develops and implements strategy for direct mail and electronic fundraising, member level communications and cultivation efforts, including events and member benefits, working closely with the Development Director and Community Engagement Coordinator to develop a coordinated calendar of efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Working with the Development Director, oversees the strategic development, design and implementation of direct mail solicitations and cultivation tools to increase the number and retention of annual donors. Writes copy, designs solicitation/cultivation letters, and manages the production and mailing process.
- Works with the Development Director to determine cultivation and solicitation strategies for increased giving opportunities and facilitates the transfer of donors between the Annual Fund program and the Major Gifts program.
- Manages the online giving program to increase annual participation under the direction of the Development Director and in consultation with the Community Engagement Coordinator. Executes initiatives to encourage new members to join and existing members to renew online. Manages the Land Trust’s relationships with on-line fundraising vendors.
- Oversees the strategic development, design and implementation of a monthly giving program to increase support among current and new members.
- Works with Development Assistant to develop customized gift acknowledgement letters.
- Works with development team to plan and implement membership receptions/events annually.
- Assists with grant research and writing as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience successfully managing non-profit direct mail and membership programs preferred
- Proven track record of engaging and motivating members
- Experience generating reports, and analyzing and interpreting the data
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles and practices
Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding analytical, creative and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to implement and coordinate fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation, and recognition plans
- Excellent user of office technology and information systems, including Word, Power Point, Excel, and donor databases, preferably Bloomerang
- Detail-oriented and reliable, with excellent oral and written communication, exceptional interpersonal skills, and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to set priorities, manage time and diverse activities, remain flexible under pressure, and manage multiple projects/deadlines efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate, and build consensus
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to address conflict in a constructive manner
- A strong commitment to the mission of the Wood River Land Trust
$38,000-$52,000 annually, depending on experience, with generous benefits package, including 3 weeks paid vacation, 401k retirement plan with 3% employer match, and 100% employer paid health and dental insurance.
This is a full-time salaried position based in Hailey, ID. Some after-hours and weekend work activities are required for events.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Amy Trujillo, Deputy Director