The Pioneers Alliance is excited to host the 6th Annual Bike Tour on June 25th, 2016! Our annual bike tour is a public event to support recreation, natural history, and conservation in the Pioneer Mountains and Craters of the Moon landscape. The tour will be led by Craters of the Moon interpretive staff with support from other organizations. This is a fun way to visit Craters and learn about conservation in our area.[media-credit id=10 align=”alignright” width=”240″][/media-credit]
The rides will start from the Craters of the Moon Visitor Center at 9 am. Please plan to arrive early.
There are two routes offered in 2016:
- Mountain bike ride along a 22-mile route on the north end of Craters of the Moon. This ride is relatively flat, but sandy sections can be difficult. The final section is along Highway 20. There will be signs alerting traffic, but be prepared to ride along the highway. Please bring a mountain bike in good working condition. Participants should be in relatively good condition.
- Family ride along 4 miles of paved road within Craters of the Moon. This new route is offered for families and road bikers. The ride can be extended if people want to continue on paved roads. Please bring a bike in good working condition.
- Registration is required, and space is limited. For more info or to register, contact Brian at 208.726.7485 or brianICL2016@gmail.com.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothes. Please bring water, sun screen, and snacks.
- Both rides start and end at Craters Visitor Center.
- There will be medical and bike support while on the rides, but it may be limited. Please be prepared.
- Please print and bring the cycling liability release with you.
The Pioneers Alliance is a coalition of ranchers, local residents, conservationists, scientists, business people, and elected and agency officials, was formed in 2007 to protect the Pioneer Mountains and Craters of the Moon region of south-central Idaho. www.pioneersalliance.org.[media-credit id=10 align=”aligncenter” width=”785″][/media-credit]